Chlumec nad Cidlinou

Hradecko Region

Klicperovo náměstí 64
Chlumec nad Cidlinou, 503 51
GPS: 50°9'15.278''N, 15°27'43.985''E

Phone: +420 495 703 871E-mail: mesto@chlumecnc.czWeb: www.chlumecnc.cz

The city is situated on the Cidlina River, 25 km eastwards of Poděbrady.

The first records mentioning the village and a fortress on the trade way to Klodzko and Poland date from 1235. In the 14th century the village became a town. The great peasant rebellion was suppressed here in 1755.

The Church of St Ursula (kostel Sv. Voršily) stands at the city square. In the vicinity of the church there are tombstones of guild masters and royal sheriffs from the 16th and 17th centuries.

The Baroque castle Karlova Koruna (Charles's Crown) from 1721 – 23 is visible from far away in the western part of the city. The castle was designed by G. Santini and built by Prague architect Fr. M. Kaňka. The castle is surrounded by a vast English park.

Images gallery

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Královéhradecký kraj © 2021

Volba verze

Kterou verzi stránek chcete zobrazit?

Mobilní Normální