Carthusian monastery, Valdice

Klášter Kartuziánů, Valdice, author: jan špelda

Bohemian Paradise

nám. Míru 1
Valdice, 507 11
GPS: 50°27'19.634''N, 15°23'16.736''E

GSM: +420 733 755 942E-mail: jicin.farnost@tiscali.czWeb: www.jicin.farnost.cz, www.bihk.cz/dieceze/jicin/

The monastery was built by Albrecht von Wallenstein in 1627. The works were completed in 1632 to be immediately followed by the building of the church, which was finished in 1668.

The remains of Albrecht von Wallenstein were carried from Stříbro to the crypt of the Carthusian monastery in 1636. In 1782 the remains were taken from the crypt and transported to Mnichovo Hradiště.

The Carthusians inhabited the monastery until that year. In 1782 the monastery was cancelled by a decree issued by Emperor Josef II; it appeared in an auction a year later, but no one was interested. The monastery was turned into a military store and granary, subsequently it also housed imperial officers. After their departure the building started to decay. In 1856 - 1857 the monastery was reconstructed and converted into a renowned prison, where the illustrious bandit Babinský served his time. 

Images gallery

Klášter Kartuziánů, Valdice, author: Filip Balogh
 
Klášter Kartuziánů, Valdice, author: jan špelda
 
 
 
Královéhradecký kraj © 2021

Volba verze

Kterou verzi stránek chcete zobrazit?

Mobilní Normální